Review: The Good, the Bad and the Dumped

Hello people!

I've bought this Jenny Colgan's book a few months ago in my favourite bookstore Felix, and I've decided to read it while I was waiting for the second book of This Man trilogy. I really love Colgan's romantic novels with a little bit of humor, so I read this book with pleasure.

Posy is getting married with her fitness boyfriend Matt, but she thinks he isn't right for her. Marriage scares her and she thinks she didn't get over all of her exes. She decides to find all her 3 exes and confront them to see if she still loves them or not. She decides to visit all of them and her fiance' gets angry and cancells the engagement after their horrible engagement party.  Her first boyfriend from college moved to the North of Scotland, on some Viking island with new girlfriend. The second one, wild Adam is divorced and still crazy, Posy finds out that she never really loved him. So the last breakup was the worst, she didn't get over Almaric and she thaught that visiting him in Wales would help. But no, he said he would never marry her and Almaric got married the day after her visit.
Posy realises that she really loves Matt, but then she sees him with another fitness girl. Her heart is crushed and she runs away to the hill where Mat proposed her. Everyone, friends and family are worried about her when she disappears for 3 days.
Matt finally realises that they love eachother and he finds her on the hill. He proposes her again and they get married.

I really loved the story and also the fact Posy isn't a perfect woman, but Matt is in some way an ideal man, but he loves her. It is written in the third person't perspective, which I don't really prefer to read, but Jenny Colgan made it just perfect!
I was a little bit confused with the flashback moments in the story, they weren't separated from the present events, maybe the author should separate them with a different writing or maybe a mark. Maybe is this just in the slovenian print, I don't know.
I also didn't understand the epilogue, what's the purpose of it? Really I was a little bit confused, but in general I loved the book.

Rating: 4.0



P.S.: sorry for the "messy" blog, I'm doing a little bit of editing so be patient :)

Patrisha

Komentarji

Priljubljene objave iz tega spletnega dnevnika

Romantični bingo 2024

Intervju z avtorico Mojco Rudolf

Samantha Young: Igra življenja in Pesem vetra