Review: The Giver

Hello readers!

So I've had this book at home for over a year now, but I just wasn't ready to start reading it. So this summer I started reading the whole The Giver Quartet, but so far I've only read the first part.

I've seen the movie 2 years ago so I knew what was the book about. This science-fiction young adult novel is about the future civilisation that has everything ordered by rules and obligations. Each individual has his job, assignment and a schedule. Their world is without colors, wether and emotions, but they have a man that knows all this. The Giver carries all the memories from the past, from "our" world and he is a little bit old so he needs to pass his memories to a younger Giver. Jonas is in the middle of his training when he finds out that "releasing" the older citizens and other "unsuitable subjects" is actually killing them. He saves his little brother Gabriel from getting killed, because he wasnt developing fast enough, so he escapes with him into the woods. They go into the unknown.

I really liked the whole concept of the story, is really creative. I also liked the shorter chapters and also the book itself, I had a chance to read a collector's edition of The Giver quartet, which was absolutely stunning.But I only read the first part of the series, I don't know why. I just can't continue reading, I wasn't pulled into the book so much, that I would want to continue.The story is also written in the third person, but still describing Jonas's feelings and thoughts, like he was talking to himself in the third person- that bothered me a little. Although all my thoughts and criticism, I don't regret reading it :)

Rating: 3.0


I'm really in love with this edition, the most beautiful book :)

Patrisha

Komentarji

Priljubljene objave iz tega spletnega dnevnika

Romantični bingo 2024

Intervju z avtorico Mojco Rudolf

Samantha Young: Igra življenja in Pesem vetra