Review: Angels and Demons

I've finally read the book to the end. I was reading it for over a year, simply because I didn't have time to read it to the end. When I rented the book at the library I only read 100 pages and then I had to study for my finals and I didn't finish it. Luckily, I finished my high school now and I can read as much as I want :)
I first read the Da Vinci code and I loved it so I immediately got Angels and Demons. I also watched both movies and I was so excited to read the book then. The mysterious story attracted me, I really love historical crimes, with educative themes. So this was the perfect choice. People don't  really understand that Angels and Demons is the first book, the beginning of the Robert Langdon's career. They think Da Vinci code is the first book, but they are wrong. It's not that popular, but personally I liked Angels and Demons more than the Da Vinci code.
The story is the beginning of Robert Langdon's career as a researcher/detective, apart from his job as a Harvard professor of the religious simbols. It begins with a murder in CERN, Swiss nuclear institute, where the antimatter was created by Leonardo and Vittoria Vetra. Leonardo was murdered by Illuminati, anti-religious fraternity/cult. The path let Robert and Vittoria to Rome and Vatican city where they tried to catch the Illuminati messenger and killer, and also find the antimatter, which could destroy all the Vatican city. With the help of Swiss guards, Robert and Vittoria tried to follow the Path of Illumination, between the four churches, monuments of science. The Preferiti, successors of the killed Pope were also killed there. At the end the whole story turns upside down with an unexpected finish.
The book was fantastic and I literally ate all the 600 pages in 3 days. I loved the story and the style of Brown's writing. I can't wait to read the next part of the Robert Langdon series, for another great adventure.

Rating: 4.5

Patrisha 



Komentarji

Priljubljene objave iz tega spletnega dnevnika

Romantični bingo 2024

Samantha Young: Igra življenja in Pesem vetra

Intervju z avtorico Mojco Rudolf